One of my friends told me the other day that I have nothing to worry about when it comes to my ability to repaint dolls. He said it’s just like riding a bicycle–you’ll remember how to do it once you start doing it again.
I’m not sure that I agree.
Yes, I’ve picked up the brushes, and found them all shot to hell (note to self: do not attempt to repaint if your brushes are old. No matter what the results will be disappointing.)
I decided that I was going to touch up the paint apps on Avery (Decorum Eugenia). Unfortunately it all went tits up and she now has no face. I kept struggling and my friend Nat said to stop and wait until I could pick up some new brushes. It was hard for me to stop but I knew she was right. I picked up brushes the next day but didn’t immediately try the repainting again.
What I did instead was futz around with Springsong Poppy’s head and try to make her look like she has a little more personality. I’m afraid I may have made her look like she fell into the make-up pot. Uh huh.
And then I decided that I would see what I could do with Never Ordinary Lilith’s head. The hard lines of her blue eye make up really bothered me and I was not loving her at all. Note: I have also lost a lot of manual skill in removing paint :S so that didn’t go as planned. But funnily enough I actually like her more now. So I’ll be sure to take a photo of her and Springsong Poppy on sunday. I have an event this Saturday and I have to put my dolls aside and prep for that and do some rush stuff for it that I have been putting off.
Talk to you all later!